thehappybooker

Happy Booker

Audiobook Junkie, Sporadic book blogger, occasional master chef, soccer mom, wearer of pajamas, teller of tales, cool aunt, beloved wife, and loyal friend.

City of Ghosts (Chess Putnam Series)

City of Ghosts (Chess Putnam Series) - Stacia Kane Not surprising, another 5 star rating from me for the 3rd book in this series. This is exactly what I'm looking for everytime I open a book by an author new to me, a story that grabs me and holds my attention, makes me laugh, cry, get angry, etc. The funny thing is, I don't always like the main character, Chess. She really makes some awful choices. But at the same time, her character is so believable and her story so compelling that I can't help but to root for her through all the ups and downs. I can't say I love the world that Stacia Kane has created with this series. Actually, its a pretty scary place but again, very believable. The Church of Truth continues to fascinate me. Chess looks at the Church as a safe haven and something she can rely on but it strikes me as something a lot more sinister. I have so many questions about the Church Of Truth and hope some of them are answered in future books in this series. This third book City of Ghosts finds Chess working with a member of the Church's Black Squad to look into another organization that has tried repeatedly in the past to seize control of the Church and is now active again. There is also some resolution to the Chess/Lex/Terrible love triangle. This story is another powerful fast paced look at Downside, really an edge-of-your-seat read from start to finish. I can't sing Stacia Kane's praises enough and absolutely cannot wait to read more from her!